Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Talking with Janet

To oversee the needs assessment, we have established a Steering Committee made up of Eastern Health employees.  One of the people who sits on the committee is Janet Fisher who work in Primary Health Care in Bonavista.  Janet is also a member of the Advisory Committee, made up of community residents.  We recently asked her thoughts on being a part of the Advisory Committee.
As a member of the Steering Committee, I volunteered to be part of the Advisory Committee because I work closely with community groups in my area.  I'm looking forward to learning more about the process and meeting people in the region who I may work with in the future.  I believe in community development and community capacity building and I hope that once a final report is written we can work together with community partners to enhance health and wellness in our communities.  So far I'm enjoying my experience as a member of the Advisory Committee especially hearing people's stories.  Our discussions thus far certainly highlight the diversity within our region.

No comments:

Post a Comment